Follow the reluctant adventures in the life of a Welsh astrophysicist sent around the world for some reason, wherein I photograph potatoes and destroy galaxies in the name of science. And don't forget about my website, www.rhysy.net



Saturday 23 May 2015

Substitute Sondy

This was my first outreach-to-camera activity. Fraser Cain said I was a natural. #ChuffedToBits #MassiveEgoBoost ... oh wait, I'm not on twitter, hashtags don't work. No matter. Expect to hear my incredibly annoying voice on future Weekly Space Hangouts when time permits. For now, cringe with horror (horror makes you do that, right ?) as I attempt to explain why radio telescopes are awesome, why dark matter is pretty neat, and why I think we may as well try and talk to aliens for lack of anything better to do.

Oh, and someone asked about the lonely little smurf, which I was totally not expecting. Nice to know that people are paying such close attention. Or maybe it's worrying to know that people are stalking me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.